Are you a freelancer or creative business owner who’s tired of hustling for projects, and looking to create a steady stream of income doing work you love?
Design your creative business to make more income, and more impact, in just 4 months.
Join Justine Clay to re-design your creative business from the comfort of your own home in our virtual group coaching program, starting September 25th, 2018.
Tell me if this sounds like you…
- You want and need to get better clients, but have no idea how to find, or connect with them
- As a multi-talented creative, you struggle to communicate what you do and the value you offer
- Your brand message and presentation are not representative of what you know you deliver
- You’re overwhelmed with information and don’t know what to focus on to start getting results now
- You know you need to market yourself, but have no idea where to start
If you’ve ever looked at the darlings of your industry (you know, the ones who get all the great projects, speak at conferences, and are on all the great panels) and wondered what gene they have that you don’t,
I’m here to tell you there’s no difference between you and them.
Here’s what successful creative entrepreneurs know that you don’t (yet)…
- What makes them unique and stand out in the crowd
- Who their ideal clients are, what keeps them up and night, and what they need right now
- The art of creating a message, content, and services that speak to their ideal client’s interests and needs.
- How to cohesively present their work and message
- How to build a thriving network of clients, collaborators, supporters and referral partners
- The powerful rituals, routines and processes that help them move the needle in their business every single day
Learning how to position and profit from your creative expertise isn’t rocket science (thank goodness!), but it is a strategy that you need to understand and take consistent action on if you’re to get the results you want.
If you’re tired of trying to figure it out yourself (really, who has the time?) and are ready to learn how to take your creative business or career from struggling to successful, I have the perfect solution for you!
The Creative Business Bootcamp
group coaching program
Get the top tier clients you want. Make the money you’re worth.
I’m Justine Clay and I’ll be teaching you what successful creative business owners and freelancers know, and do differently.
How do I know this?
When I moved from London to New York in 1996, with little more than a psychology degree and English accent, the concept of being a successful entrepreneur with a passion for marketing and business were as foreign to me as putting maple syrup on your bacon! After a stint waitressing (what kind of a New York story would it be without that?), I landed my first job answering the phone in a design agency. I’m almost 100% certain the only reason I got the job was because of my English accent, but I didn’t care; it was my ticket to somewhere. A year later, I was hired by an up-and-coming creative representation agency where I learned every aspect of positioning, managing, and growing the careers of creative professionals. From spotting great talent and putting together a portfolio that stood out, to making new business calls, writing and negotiating a proposal, and managing a project from beginning to end, I learned that every element was crucial to building a successful creative career.
In 2005, I branched out and opened my own creative services agency, Plum Creative, where I built a reputation within the advertising and design industry for helping retail and lifestyle brands find the perfect talent for their projects and managing the project from beginning to end. With one of my top earners billing $2,000 a day (every day) we were working on great projects and making good money.
And then the recession of 2008 happened.
Almost overnight, the work dried up. I was paying myself out of my savings and the pressure of not knowing how long I’d be able to hang on had my stomach in knots.
As the freelance work situation worsened, more and more creatives were turning up on my doorstep looking for work. I’d spend an hour or two helping them identify their unique talent, define their ideal client profile, re-work their portfolio, and sharing the names of a few people to call. They walked out of my office transformed; lighter, clearer and armed with a plan.
I had an epiphany: I had a gift that I could share with the creative community on a much larger scale. I could teach them to become their OWN agent.
I’ve spent 8 years developing and testing a step-by-step system that will teach any creative professional how to attract high-quality clients, land larger projects, and get paid what they’re worth.
Imagine discovering you have WAY more business smarts than you thought and doing for yourself what you do for your clients. Imagine deciding who to work with, when, and for how much.
Can you feel the relief of finally shaking the confusion that has held you back and coming to your desk every morning knowing exactly what you need to do to attract high-quality clients and move your business forward?
Are you ready to re-write your story and learn the exact steps to charting your success? Here is your next step.
The Creative Business Bootcamp
group coaching program
A system for building a creatively fulfilling and profitable business or career
What you’ll get:
- Eight one-hour coaching sessions where you’ll receive training, ask questions and get feedback
- Access to a private membership site where you’ll find downloadable worksheets, templates and tools to help you apply the content directly to your own creative business
- A recap and recording of each session
- Access to the private Facebook group
- Seven 30-minute Facebook live sessions where you can ask questions and get feedback on YOUR business
- Additional resources to help support you in your professional and personal development
Here’s how it breaks down:
“Success occurs when opportunity meets preparation.” —Zig Ziglar
To help you get the most out of this experience, we’ll kick off with an exercise designed to get your creative and strategic juices flowing and to define a specific goal. The result; you’ll come to our first session together prepped and ready to make big things happen!
Session 1: Define what makes you stand out in a crowded marketplace
At the end of this module you will be clear on what unique gift YOU bring to the world and how that talent benefits people who genuinely want and need your services.
You will learn:
- The difference between a generalist and a specialist (and why you want to be the latter)
- What truly makes you unique (it’s probably not what you think!)
- Who else is in the marketplace and the gaps YOU are uniquely equipped to fill
Session 2: Create your ideal client profile
If you try and be all things to everyone, you become nothing to no one. At the end of this module you will know exactly who your ideal clients are, what they struggle with or aspire to, what they need right now and how YOU are uniquely equipped to help them.
You will learn:
- The traits of an ideal client
- What your ideal client aspires to or struggles with
- The benefits your clients get from working with you
- Who YOUR ideal client is
Session 3: Craft a compelling pitch that converts strangers into “I need to work with you” prospects
By the end of this session you will know how to confidently and quickly communicate what you offer, what’s in it for your ideal clients, and what they need to do next to work with you.
You will learn:
- What blocks you have around speaking about yourself
- How to communicate what you do in an authentic, non-sales-y way
- How to craft a natural and compelling pitch that will serve you in any situation
Session 4: Find your ideal clients in large numbers and build a thriving network
It’s time to come out from behind your computer! In this session, you will learn where to find your ideal clients in large numbers, how to network naturally and effectively, and build a thriving network.
You will learn:
- How to re-frame the concept of networking so it’s easy AND fun
- The 4 essential elements of a thriving network
- The art of give, give, get
- How to connect in an authentic, natural way
Session 5: Create a plan for your website
Does your website function more as an online portfolio than your number one marketing tool? It’s OK, you’re not alone. In this session, you’ll learn how to create a website that compels and converts without compromising your artistic integrity.
You will learn:
- The real purpose of your website
- The action you want people to take
- How to use copy and images to engage and inspire action
Session 6: Build a marketing strategy that attracts your ideal clients to you
By the end of this session you will be clear on what marketing activities align with your natural strengths, how to streamline your efforts and get better results in less time.
You will learn:
- How much time you should spend on your marketing (and how to fit it in!)
- The eight elements of a marketing strategy
- Which online and offline tools are most aligned with your natural skills
- How to create regular content that resonates with your audience
Session 7: How to package your services to sell
By the end of this session you will have an outline of services that help your ideal clients quickly recognize you are the solution to their problem and self-select before you even speak with them.
You will learn:
- What your ideal clients really need
- How to edit and tailor your services to meet those needs
- How to present your packages so your clients self-select before you even speak with them
Session 8: Pulling it all together
Remember that specific goal we mentioned in the kick off session? As we come together one last time (in this capacity!) you will share with the group what you discovered, what you did, and the actionable steps you will take now, and moving forth.
But there’s more!
Access to the Private Facebook group
Can you do this program alone? Sure. But isn’t it nice to know you don’t have to? Join your fellow entrepreneurs in this private Facebook group and share feedback and support every step of the way. We’re stronger together!
Craft a compelling story that builds the “know, like and trust” factor with your ideal clients
Clients do business with people, they know, like and trust, and well-crafted personal story can tip the balance significantly in your favor. In this bonus worksheet, you’ll learn the 3 essential elements of a great story and how to craft yours.
Early bird special: $200 off!
I love to reward action takers, so if you sign up before midnight on Sunday, September 16th, 2018, you’ll get $200 off the program investment!
Best practices for transforming your website into your #1 marketing tool
Our special guest, web designer/developer and creative business expert, Jill Anderson of Jill Lynn Design, will be joining us in session 5 to share her best practices for transforming your portfolio website into your #1 marketing and sales tool. You won’t want to miss this!
What other brilliant creatives are saying:
"Justine helped me re-structure the way I thought about my business. After neglecting my branding and design business to focus on my start-up I was in the desperate position of needing to quickly bring in new work that paid well. Justine helped me figure exactly who I wanted to work with, what I had that they needed, and how to make it easy for them to select me as the perfect match for their challenges.
A few months later I have three new big clients, probably the best I’ve ever had, and know exactly how to grow my business from here on. I just need to execute.
Working with Justine is the single best advice I would give any creative business owner looking to grow their business quickly and consistently - period."
“Working with Justine in the Creative Business Bootcamp has been a revelation. She has a supreme confidence that is contagious, and a no-excuses attitude that is both motivating and encouraging. The biggest benefit for me is accountability; having scheduled meetings is the motivator I didn't know I needed to consistently make forward progress. Working a personal challenge alone can sometimes have me running in circles with doubts about the details without an outside professional perspective. This is key, lots of people have opinions, but receiving guidance for someone who is uniquely qualified in your field is a game changer. I've already seen a huge bump in my social media following with a few key changes about my identity, and have a couple new clients who are dipping their toes in the water of my Creative Business reboot. Thanks Justine!!”
“Working with Justine has allowed me to make monumental changes in my business that I have been wanting to make and never felt I had the time or strategies to make happen on my own. She totally “got” me and geared my sessions toward the particular struggles I needed to address (short-term and long-term). She helped me in so many ways, from soul searching to what I really want out of my business to figuring out how to deal with day-to-day business issues that came up. I am now working with the type of clients I want to work with and have improved my time management to be more productive and less overwhelmed. I am moving my business into a direction I feel so excited about and know I would not have been able to make these transitions without Justine.”
“Participating in the Creative Bootcamp has given me clarity and a sense of direction with the addition of practical tips which I can always fall back on whenever I need to refine my direction again or when taking next steps in my business. Before this Bootcamp I felt frustrated about not being able to find a clear direction and was stuck in the process of taking my business to the next level. This course has helped me narrow down my special gift, who my ideal client is and the confidence in marketing this. I’ve come away from this course with an ability to communicate clearer and plan my next steps in order to build the business and life I aspire to. I know I will go back to Justine in the future for extra coaching to help me with future challenges.”
“What a huge relief to connect so many dots and get a firm grip on my own value and strategy! It’s hard to admit this, but before I met Justine I was… lost. I beat myself up for lack of focus. But now I can more confidently answer “What do you do?” without stress or ending the conversation. The clarity I’ve achieved priceless, as is Justine’s program’s structure for my further betterment. I’m refreshed and motivated to think like a creative solopreneur about my business and my marketing.”
Ready to join the Creative Business Bootcamp group coaching program?
Join Justine Clay to re-design your creative business from the comfort of your own home in our virtual group coaching program, starting September 25th, 2018
Got questions? I’d be happy to jump on a 15 minute call with you to see if this program is right for you. Just send me an email at email@example.com and we can set that up.
10-Day Money Back Guarantee
If you change your mind before October 6th, 2018, just send us an email and we’ll refund your money. No hard feelings or questions asked!
I am committed to helping purpose driven, motivated and resilient creative professionals fulfill their vision and mission in life. And because this is a group program, I want you to know that you’re right for this program.
This course is right for you if:
- You have the vision and are willing to do the work, but you don’t know the steps necessary to go from a dream to a reality
- You’re tired of hustling and are looking to be more strategic about how your find clients
- You know you need to invest in your business, but you can’t afford one-on-one coaching right now
- You want to find meaning in your work, add value to the world and be compensated well for what you do
- You know you’re not charging enough, but don’t know how to position or price your services
- You recognize you need to invest in yourself and your business and are ready to do the work
The course is not for you if:
- You’re looking for someone to fix your business for you
- You keep buying courses, but don’t follow through with any of them (then complain when nothing changes)
- You say you want change, but you’re not willing to invest your time, energy and resources to make it happen
Here are some answers to questions I hear most often:
The program is 16 weeks. I’ve found that, for most people, 2 weeks per module is the sweet spot for giving you enough time to do the work (even if this is your side-gig), but not so long that you lose momentum.
The group will be limited to 16 people. This keeps the group intimate, while including enough variety to ensure you benefit from the expertise, experience, and feedback of your peers.
I specialize in working with creative professionals of all disciplines, including: art directors, creative directors, design directors, designers, graphic designers, website designers, photographers, copywriters, writers, illustrators and video producers and directors.
While I specialize in working with creative professionals, my system works for any professional whose mission is to share their unique talent with people who have a genuine need for it. My ‘non-creative’ clients, who include IT professionals and a Systems Architect, are just as successful as the traditionally creative ones. It’s really a question of if the program and process resonate.
Yes! There is an opportunity to ask individual questions, during sessions, in the Facebook group and in the Facebook lives I do in between sessions. If you have a question, it will be answered.
This program has been created specifically for creative professionals who have, to some degree established their creative business or career, and are looking to be more proactive, more effective, and grow. They are willing to put aside any pre-conceived ideas and fears and do the work. This program won’t work for people who don’t have a somewhat established freelance career, business or idea, skeptics, complainers or people who make excuses not to take action. I’m invested in the success of each and every person who works with me, so it’s important that we’re aligned on our vision and what it will take.
All of our sessions will be held virtually via Zoom. I will send a link via email to everyone in the group 15 minutes before the session. All you have to do is click on the link and you’ll be in. You can call in from your computer, phone, or tablet. All sessions will be recorded and an link will be included in my round up email after each session.
Absolutely! Upon joining us, you will be given access to a private members site where you will find recordings of each session, a worksheet to turn your ideas and dreams into strategy and ACTION! I will also be doing a Facebook live on each topic during the weeks we’re not meeting to answer questions, keep you engaged, and moving forward. The private Facebook group is also a great place to find and share resources shared by your fellow participants. It is my promise that, regardless of your learning style, you will be supported throughout!
Yes! My top tips are:
- Use the private Facebook group to ask questions, share work for feedback, offer support and answer questions when asked.
- I will pair you up with someone in the group who you will check in with regularly to support and hold one other accountable.
- Show up for the live group coaching calls. They’re a great place to get feedback, ask questions, stay motivated and get un-stuck.
If you do the work, you can expect to:
- Gain a clarity and confidence about what you have to offer and position yourself uniquely within a crowded market place.
- Become more intentional and strategic in building your business.
- Gain a crystal-clear understanding of your ideal clients’ needs and how you are uniquely positioned to help them.
- Attract better quality, higher paying clients, while the less-than-ideal clients effortlessly drift away.
- Create a pitch that naturally and clearly communicates what you do to potential clients and referral partners.
- Understand which marketing tools are right for you and create a marketing plan that doesn’t feel like ‘selling’ or ‘work’.
- Learn how to package your services to resonate with your ideal clients and sell
- Create content that engages and draws your ideal clients to you.
- Work on more creatively fulfilling projects.
I understand, but let me re-frame that thought for you. If you don’t invest in yourself, who will? How long do you want to delay the results that you want to see in your life? Investing in yourself and business takes courage and only you know when you’re ready to take that leap of faith and start changing your life.
Yes, to make this a no-brainer investment, I’m offering 4-installment payment plan. Your credit card will be automatically billed each month.
Being the curious and ambitious entrepreneur that you are, I’m absolutely certain you’ve done some version of some for the content my program covers. We might “know” something for a long time before it actually clicks and becomes something we take meaningful action on. You could even do the exact same exercise each year and get a different outcome each time. Each step connects with the bigger picture, so I encourage you to come to this proven process with an open mind. The results you get will be all the better for it!
Sign up now for The Creative Business Bootcamp group coaching program and start building a thriving creative business today.
Join me! I’m excited to help you build the creative business you dream of!
Ready to join the Creative Business Bootcamp group coaching program?
Still undecided? I’d be happy to jump on a 15 minute call with you to see if this program is right for you. Just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set that up.
Please remember, this investment may be considered a tax-deductible expense.